Ayurvedic treatment for Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
PCOS / PCOD is a health problem a female experience in her reproductive age, with symptoms like Irregular menses, Weight gain, Acne, unwanted facial hairs, Infertility etc. Female might also have altered FSH, LH, Testosterone levels in her body. Ayurveda treatment for PCOS is effective in normalizing hormonal balance, reduces cyst, regularise menses. Ayurveda treatment principle is to clear an obstruction in the pelvis, normalize metabolism and regulate the menstrual system which helps in proper egg rupture, ovulation, and natural conception.
Women have two ovaries, which are small organs inside your body where eggs (ova) mature and are then released. This happens about once a month. The ovaries produce the hormones estrogen, progesterone and testosterone.. In each menstrual cycle, follicles grow on the ovaries. Eggs develop within those follicles, one of which will reach maturity faster than the others and be released into the Fallopian tubes. This is “ovulation”. The remaining follicles then degenerate.
In the case of polycystic ovaries, however, the ovaries are larger than normal, and there are a series of undeveloped follicles that appear in clumps, somewhat like a bunch of grapes.
Symptoms of PCOS
- Menstrual disorders: PCOS mostly produces oligomenorrhea (few menstrual periods) or amenorrhea (no menstrual periods), but other types of menstrual disorders may also occur.
- Infertility: This generally results directly from chronic anovulation (lack of ovulation).
- High levels of masculinizing hormones: The most common signs are acne and hirsutism (male pattern of hair growth), but it may produce frequent menstrual periods
- Metabolic syndrome: This appears as a tendency toward central obesity and other symptoms associated with insulin resistance. Serum insulin, insulin resistance, and homocysteine levels are higher in women with PCOS.
Cause of PCOS
PCOS is caused due to imbalance in Kapha, Pitta & Vata dosha along with an imbalance in Meda, Rasa, Arthava dhatus. The causes of this imbalance in Dosha and dhatus are many, like Mental Stress, Lifestyle disorders, improper eating habits, lack of sleep and also excessive sleeping, day time sleeping etc which can be only assessed after detailed examination.
Aartava-kshaya, which can be correlated with PCOS has been described as deficiency or loss of artava, artava does not appears in time or is delayed, is scanty and dose not last for three days. Pain in the vagina also can be seen. According to Ayurveda, Aartava-kshaya is a disorder involving Pitta and Kapha doshas, Medas, Ambu/Rasa, Shukra/Artava Dhatu and Rasa, Rakta, Artava Vaha Srotas. Therefore Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome can also be described with the same involvement of Dosha, Dhatu, and Upadhatu.
- Kapha dominance patients as weight gain, subfertility, hirsutism, diabetic tendencies,
- Pitta dominance patients as hair loss, acne, painful menses, clots and heart problems.
- Vata dominance patients have painful menses, scanty or less menstrual blood and severe menstrual irregularity
The pathology is an obstruction in the pelvic cavity (Apana Kshetra) causing disorders in the flow of Vata. This, in turn, leads to an accumulation of Kapha and Pitta.
The Ayurveda treatment principle for PCOS is to clear an obstruction in the pelvis, normalize metabolism and regulate the menstrual system (Aartava Dhatu). Kapha reducing, insulin enhancing and hormone re-balancing drugs help to the relieve symptoms of Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome.
Ayurveda Treatment and Panchakarma Therapy for PCOS to Improve fertility
At Jeevaniya Ayurveda Infertility Clinic our aim is to provide the best treatment to resolve polycystic ovaries conditions with help of specialized Ayurvedic Infertility treatments of Ayurveda.
Ayurvedic Medicine for PCOS
Ayurvedic medicines have shown good results in reducing ovarian volume. The best medicine for PCOS are herbal medicines like Triphala, Kanchanar, Trikatu, Guggul, Dashamool etc which are effective in PCOS Ayurvedic treatment. Many Ayurvedic herbs like Shatavari, Shatapushpa also helps to grow egg naturally and also helps to rupture follicle naturally.
Panchakarma for Infertility and PCOS
Ayurvedic ‘Panchakarma’ treatment gives a definite answer to the increasing question of PCOS in the new era. Panchakarma therapy provides strength to the reproductive organs like Uterus, Ovaries, Fallopian tubes, Vagina in females & Testis in the males. Panchakarma therapy also maintains the hormonal balance. Ayurvedic Panchakarma helps to conceive quickly.
1. Basti(Vasti): Enema of medicated oil or Decoction is given through Rectum. Vitiated “Vata” can create various health problems. Basti releases obstructions in the way of Vata dosha and thus regulates the normal phenomenon of “Vata”. Different types of medicated Oils, Ghruta, milk or decoctions are used for Basti treatment. It can state miracles if administered in a proper way with appropriate medicines.
Basti procedure eliminates the doshas from the rectum. It balances the “Vata” Dosha. Apana Vayu is the type of “Vata Dosha”, which controls on the Shukra Dhatu (Semen) in males & Aartava (Ovum) in females. “Apan Vayu” controls the reproductive system. The procedure “Basti” regulates Apan Vayu which improves quality of Semen & Ovum.
In females, oil Basti of “Sahachar Tail” improves quality of ovulation within normal days. In males, the Basti procedure improves the quality & quantity of Semen i.e. it improves total sperm count and motility of Semen.
Benefits of Basti—
- Female Infertility = Irregular Menses, Hormonal imbalance, Dysmenorrhea, P.C.O.D, Fallopian Tubal Block.
2. Uttarbasti (Vasti): Uttara Basti(Vasti) is the most effective treatment in gynecological disorders. Due to its local action on uterus and ovaries, it Dissolves the cyst in ovaries more effectively than oral medicines. It also helps to purification and clears the Aartava Vaha Srotas, pacifies vitiated Apana Vayu and improve follicular maturity.
3. Virechan: It eliminates body toxins like vitiated ‘Pitta’. The process of cleansing is carried out in the small intestine & other Pitta zones. Here drugs that stimulate bowel movement are increased for the expulsion of doshas through the rectum. It acts on hormones system like ‘Vaman Karma’.
4. Vaman: Cleansing procedure intended mainly for the expulsion of vitiated ‘Kapha’. This is a painless, drug-induced emetic procedure, carried out mainly in the Vasant rhitu i.e. Feb., Mar. , April Months.
5. Vaman procedure purifies internal toxins. This balances hormonal system. Vaman acts on the Thyroid gland. It also stimulates Pancreas to secret insulin in normal level, so P.C.O.S. decreases accordingly.
5. Fertility Massage: A gentle yet firm massage to your lower abdomen in specific pattern helps in restoring normal functioning of the uterus. Fertility massage also reduces lower abdomen pain, improves blood circulation in the pelvis.
Ayurveda has Best medicines for PCOS treatment, which helps in the quick and fast way of getting pregnant. Herbal medicines are very effective in regularising the hormones. Panchakarma Procedure is effective to correct the pathology of cysts. After proper completion of panchakarma procedure likes Uttar basti(vasti) it has been observed that follicles do rupture naturally without any hormonal injections.
Conceive your baby naturally…….
We Also treat Piles Read this click here